Welcome to the blog for Embroidered Originals, where I'll keep you up-to-date with all the goings on at our little cottage industry. You can also view our website and shop online at embroideredoriginals.co.uk Marion x



Sunday 21 November 2010

Country Living Scottish Christmas Fair 2010

The last post was just before the fair when I was panicking about not having enough stock. ( In fact, I didn't get it finished and I've only just uploaded it - worth a look because it's all about a certain person's birthday treat.) 
Anyway, now we're home and the show is over for another year. We did have enough stock after all, but only because I took a large box of cards to paint in my hotel room each night. Picture me sat on a bed with a pure white duvet cover, surrounded by lots of cards covered in wet paint and bottles of fabric paint just asking to leak all over the place. Amazingly, the duvet didn't have a mark on it.

This was our stand - I was very pleased with its location in the hall - right next to the coffee bar.

And I always try to get a corner stand as it keeps it open and light.
I bring in a wonderful selection of Christmas decorations from Birchcraft for this show, because they go so well with our own products.

And also some red and white padded hearts, stars and stockings made by my friend Barbara. (This lets you see that I had them in pride of place, Barbara!)
Country Living is always a great show to do. I meet so many new customers who've never seen our cards before and their comments are so complimentary. The van was much emptier coming home - sign of a successful show - and the unpacking will be left till tomorrow.
It's feet up, glass of wine and probably a bit of a doze by the fire. Tired but happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails